Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hava Sling Review

Babywearing is great for both mother & baby. But so many baby carriers are not made in a way that is good for the baby & the mother. Many mothers have used carriers that end up hurting their backs and many  such as most of the Baby Bjorn ones are hard on the babies hips. I wanted to make sure when wearing Myles I used one that was safe for both him & I. I bought it locally and was shown how to use it, which I think was very helpful to me. We started with a Moby which I liked, but it was time consuming to put on plus it had a stretch to the fabric so it couldn't be used as much once he got bigger. So the next one we bought was a Hava sling & I loved it. So did Myles. I wore him in church most Sundays and he was warm, cozy & snug in it and often fell asleep during the service. I will admit, I didn't babywear nearly as much as I should have. The one I got looks like this:

Which in my opinion is quite an attractive fabric!! There are many, many beautiful choices of Hava Slings. I've worn Myles in it as a toddler as well and it worked pretty well! They can be purchased locally at The Breastfeeding Center or online at http://www.havasling.com/shop-all-hava-baby-slings.aspx. There is a segment on the site of the benefits of babywearing which I recommend reading! there are many!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment