Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Phil & Ted Highpod high-chair review

I had been looking for a different high-chair for Myles as I wasn't feeling the love for his Graco Lowery chair. I liked the fabric colors but hated the fabric on it, the cracks & crevices that always collected crumbs and the way that the harness buckled was very awkward. I found this high-chair sort of randomly and at a great deal and thought it looked much easier to clean & use. Well, it is! I haven't taken off the rubber seat cushion yet, but it looks easy to take off or if any crumbs get under you can reach a cloth mostly under it to clean (have only had to do that once or twice so far). The harness is so easy to strap a baby in. It came with cushy pads for the straps, but due to how messy Myles can be, I took them off for the time being. One feature he loves and we do as well, is that it can be lowered and the tray taken off so he can be slid up to the table and dine with us. The seat has 3 reclines and can be almost flat for a baby under 16 pounds, midway and then in the upright position. The footrest has an option of being out as show or folded back & under. Ours came with a bonus footrest that sits between the seat & the one shown for shorter babies and when they get long enough to reach the main one it can be removed. I do find the tray to be a bit small, and the easy to clean top tray (that sits over the main tray) is so easy to remove that Myles takes it off all the time while eating. I normally just leave it off now. The main tray is easy to clean as well. I think I am going to buy the Snack Attack tray (larger with cup holder indents) for him as I think it will be nicer. All in all I love this chair & am so happy with my purchase.
The chair can be found here: http://www.pishposhbaby.com/highpod.html
The Snack Attack tray here: http://www.diapers.com/p/phil-teds-highpod-snack-attack-food-tray-26092

Happy Dining!!

No comments:

Post a Comment